Do you have an interest in the iPhone, iOS, apps, jailbreak, iPhone 5 and everything else pertaining to the iPhone? Do you spend hours reading about the iPhone everyday? Would you like to write for iPhone Informer? We’re now on the lookout for talented writers to join the incredible project we’re undertaking here at iPhone Informer.
iPhone Informer is read by tens of thousands of readers on a daily basis, while we also own the 200,000+ followed iPhone-based Twitter account, @iPhone_News.
If you’re willing to become an integral part of our project of becoming the #1 iPhone-based site, then here are the requirements of joining:
- WordPress experience is a major plus.
- Initially, there will be a trial period to see if you can handle the position: assignments will be handed in terms of news stories, and the position turning into a paid position in the future will be based upon how well you do with the news stories written. If you pass the trial, you’ll be contributing news by yourself without having assignments scheduled.
- You must have a strong grasp of the English language. Anyone can string a few sentences together but we’re looking for those who can think outside the box and really deliver on the quality front.
- While we’re primarily looking for writers, we’re also on the lookout for someone with quality video-making skills.
- Have the ability to summarize articles from other sources in your own words.
- You must have the ability to take on criticism; if we can’t take criticism, how can we improve? We’re not only looking to deliver quality stories to our readers, but grow you as a writer as well.
- Any prior experience in writing is a major plus.
- We will accept writers from wherever they may be based in the globe. That said, we are mainly looking for writers based in the UK and US, as well as Canada, Germany, Switzerland, etc – (be sure to note your location in your application).
- Having an iPhone (or if you’re planning to get an iPhone 5) is, of course, a plus, as is having a notable passion for everything related to the iPhone.
It should be noted that, initially, these positions won’t be a paid position. However, providing successful applicants prove their quality and drive, paid positions will become available.
If you’re willing to apply and meet the above requirements, please contact us (zak [at] iphoneinformerdotcom) with “News Writer” in the subject line. As to what to include in your application email; please state your full name, experience (such as links to previous stories) and a resume. Sample articles based on a well-known iPhone topic (iPhone 5, iOS 6, etc.) are welcomed and certainly helps your case (must be 150 words or more).
We look forward to your applications. Good luck!
Co-Founder & Editor-in-Chief