Audible audiobooks service recently pushed a major update to their iPhone and iPad application on Monday morning. The new update brings CarPlay functionality along with a couple of improvements in the app’s iOS edition.
The Audible app will automatically appear on the dashboard of CarPlay-enabled vehicles and those supporting CarPlay via aftermarket solutions from Pioneer, Alpine and other companies.
Other changes in this release of Audible include a new Discover on both the iPhone and iPad, now grid-based, in addition to a new tab bar on the iPhone that provides access to settings and other features, the corrected icons on Audible’s buttons found on the Lock screen and in Control Center, a Reset Timer option and much more.
Audible 2.5 changelog:
- CarPlay is now available for Audible.
- Lock Screen/Control Center – Previously, the Lock Screen/Control Center buttons were always chapter forward/back, even if your settings were for 30-second forward/back. Now, your lock screen/Control Center will feature the correct icons.
- Sleep Timer – There is now a “Reset Timer” option after the sleep timer ends, reducing the number of taps from 4 to 2.
- Sleep Timer – The fade-out returns.
- Discover – On iPhone, we’ve updated the visual design by removing the dark overlay and going to a grid.
- Discover – On iPad, we’ve replaced “Discover” with a true browse experience (it used to just be search). It should now mirror the iPhone version.
- When you sample a book from a book detail page in “Discover” or search, it now plays in the player. This allows you to leave the detail page and still listen to the sample.
- New Tab Bar – We moved Settings into the main navigation and created an overflow menu (on iPhone) for the items that no longer fit on the main tab.
You can get this app for free in the App Store.