Great news surfaces for Minecraft fans, Mojang announced on Tuesday that their bringing “loads of new features” to Minecraft – Pocket Edition soon. The team says that they will be submitting the update for iOS, Android and Windows Phone this week.
One of the most notable new features in the update is Skins. Players will soon have the ability to customize the way their characters looks in Minecraft – Pocket Edition by either uploading a Skin, creating a Skin, or purchasing a new Skin bundle.
If Skins aren’t that interesting to you and aren’t your thing, Mojang lists a number of other new features included in the upcoming update:
- Boats with space for two. Take your pet for a pleasant ride.
- The ability to throw stuff from boats, including snowballs and eggs
- Fishing. Now you can fish for fishies.
- Spider jockeys.
- Cave Spiders.
- Adorable baby zombies.
- Weird chicken jockeys.
- Edible clownfish. Yum.
- A fancy new World Edit screen so you can rename worlds, change game modes and do other things.
- Creative players can no longer be set on fire. Controversial.
- We’ve stopped cheeky chickens from walking on water.
- Animals can no longer breed without touching each other ooh err.
- Drinking milk now removes mob effects.
For those unfamiliar with Minecraft, it’s an extremely popular open world game which allows players to build nearly anything out of blocks.
You can get this game for $6.99 in the App Store.