It’s that time of year to give and receive gifts. If you’ve received an iPhone from a loved one or bought one for yourself, we’ll tell you how to set up your new device.
Setting Up Your iPhone
1. The first step is to turn on your device. On the screen, you will see “hello” in several languages and you will be asked to choose your preferred language. Next, you will have to tap your country and region.
2. The following screen will inform you about Quick Start, which will automatically set up your new device if you bring another device running iOS 11 near it. If you don’t have another iOS device, you can tap “Set Up Manually.”
3. You will need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, a cellular network or iTunes in order to get your new device up and running.
4. Now you will be asked to set up Touch ID or Face ID. You can choose to set this feature up now or you can tap Set Up Later. The next screen will ask you to set up your Passcode which helps protect your data. You also have the option to set-up a four-digit passcode, no passcode or custom passcode by tapping “Passcode Options.”
5. If you’re coming from another iOS device or Andriod device, you can transfer your data to your new device by tapping “Restore from iCloud Backup,” “Restore from iTunes Backup,” “Set Up as new iPhone,” or “Move Data from Android.” If you don’t want to restore data from another device, you can simply tap “Set Up as New [Device].”
If you own an iPhone or Android device, you can easily transfer your content from your previous device to your new iPhone by following these instructions. It’s important to note, that you should always back up your device before transferring your data.
6. Now, you will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID by typing in your email and password. You can either enter the information or tap “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it.”
7. After you’ve set up Siri and other services, you can choose whether or not to share app activity with developers and to turn on True Tone if your device supports it.
Now your device is set up and you can use it to your liking. For more information, you can head over to Apple’s website.