Did you receive an Apple Watch as a gift this holiday season? Whether you received it as a gift or bought one for yourself, we’ll tell you how to set it up.
Before we get started, you’ll need to make sure that your iPhone’s Bluetooth is turned on and is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s set up your new Apple Watch!
1. The first step is to turn on the device, you can do this by pressing and holding the side button until you see Apple’s logo. It may take a while, so be patient.
2. Hold your Apple Watch and iPhone close together and wait for a message to pop up on your iPhone. Once the message pops, tap Continue and keep the devices close together.
3. On your Apple Watch, the screen should display an animation. Hold your iPhone over the Watch’s screen and wait for a message to pop up saying the devices are paired.
4. Now you can choose to set the device up as a new device or restore your information from a previous Apple Watch. You will also be given the choice to choose which wrist you want to wear the device.
5. Agree to the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree to continue.
6. You might be asked to enter your Apple ID password. If you aren’t asked, don’t worry, you can sign in later by going to General > Apple ID. It’s important to note that if you have an Apple Watch Series 3, you will have to sign in to iCloud in order for certain features to work.
7. You will be asked to set up Location Services, Route Tracking and Siri. The device will show you the information it will share with your iPhone.
8. Now you will be asked to create a passcode for your Apple Watch, this will allow you to use features like Apple Pay. On your iPhone simply tap Create a Passcode or Add a Long Passcode. On your Apple Watch, enter in the Passcode. If you don’t want to add a passcode, you can tap Don’t Add Passcode.
9. After you’ve set up features like SOS and Activity, the Apple watch will begin syncing with the iPhone. Once you hear a chime from your Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown.
And Voilà! Your Apple Watch is ready to go and can be personalized to your liking.